Friday, September 11, 2009

Isn't She Lovely?


She is my sweet baby girl. The successor of my first baby girl, Gizmo. Lilly is her name, sweetness is her game. Of course I am intentionally biased, but there is no other dog quite like her in the world. She can sit on my lap for hours and indulge in scratchin' and lovin' and snuggle with so much goodness coming out of her little soul.
As I write this, I am sitting on my patio table and she is scurrying across the yard chasing squirrels with our big dog Skipper. Skipper weighs about 45 more pounds than she does and stands about two feet taller, but she keeps up with him quite steadily barking all the way. Her beautiful blond mane is now straggly with dew from the grass and clumps of mud from the garden. Prissy she is not...hunter dog with Skipper she is.
I have chosen purposefully not to have children and to have a "zoo" instead. During my first marriage, when the "baby" itch sort of hit me, my mother suggested I get a dog and so she bought me a Pomeranian for Christmas 1993. I have loved the breed ever since. I have been fortunate with my Pomeranians for mine have not been yippy, high strung and stupid. They have been loving, content, smart and give me the most unconditional love a human could ask for.
So now my lovely Lilly is staring contently at me from the opposite deck chair at me from the patio table. Do you think she knows I'm telling a story about her? Probably not. Well, time to get both she and I in the tub.

No comments:

Post a Comment