Wednesday, September 23, 2009

On This Date 9/23: Vegas 2000

Oh to think back nine years ago on this day. The day Brian and I took the plunge, said "I do", 'til death do us part, forever and ever.....Amen. I wouldn't change a thing. Sure, our marriage has had it's ups and downs, twists and turns....but REALLY...what marriage doesn't?





Our wedding day was so much fun. We were married in the MGM Grand chapel at 2:30 in the afternoon. I was ready by noon. That's the Virgo nature in me and I'm ALWAYS early, never late. So....I proceed to go to the hotel bar for a Martini in my shorts, T-shirt and curled up hair with tiara. I belly up to the bar and of course all the people surrounding me are dudes. I hear, "So, you gettin' married, huh?" I nod and proceed to gulp my raspberry-lemon drop martini. "Let me buy her a round," typical Vegas dude that looks like half cowboy half pimp says as he rolls out a twenty from his wad. I try to say no, but the 'tender is already shakin' up my 'tini and other "Vegas" style dudes are wanting to buy me more drinks. I say "Hold up! I can only handle two of these and then I'm outta here!" They all laughed and hooted with stories of why I shouldn't do it and I've done it once am I stupid enough to do it again?





Yep. I was confident. I was sure. I had no feelings of regret. This was the man I was going to be with for the rest of my life. And 2:30 couldn't get here quick enough.





The ceremony was precious. Not at all cheezy like you would think a typical Vegas wedding would be. We chose music and flowers ahead of time and pictures were professionally taken at a modest price. My dear dad even walked me down the aisle and you can see in the video just how proud he was to do so.





Proceeding the "I do's" we went up to our Honeymoon Suite and had a little party for everyone. My step dad, Rodney and Brian's uncle Mike provided the snacks and booze (which was really nice of them). And now it's Saturday and I'm finishing this post...sorry. We all munch down on our snacks and beverages and have our little party and disperse for the evening. Let the Honeymoon begin :).

The next day was spent lounging in the many MGM pools and lazy rivers sipping on yard long concoctions, readily getting sun baked. I remember this day fondly as my mother wasn't raving drunk, as normal, she lounged quietly and serenely telling stories of "the old times".

So here we are nine years later. Still in love. Still in bliss. Still on our Honeymoon. Still with no regrets. I wouldn't have it any other way.

1 comment: